Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend in Review

The weekend usually starts on Friday for me. Friday is my day off. It started off well, when I got a free gift $5 gift card for Starbucks from the dealership we bought our van from. Yeah!

Barbara and I had a night on the town. We put Abby to bed Friday night and it was off to Walmart to go grocery shopping. My we are getting old.

Saturday we enjoyed a fun night with some other families at LoL with fondue. It seemed like every child that was there (probably 10 or so) cried at some point in time during the night. Too much stimulation!

The big news for the weekend was the snow Saturday night into Sunday morning. It was probably the most treacherous drive I have ever had on Rt 38 since we moved to Maple Park. When I started out I counted four cars in the ditch before I counted one on the road. Needless to say our Sunday morning attendance took a little hit, especially at our 8:30 service.

But worship was great. I spoke this weekend about prayer. Ephesians 3:20 says God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us. The reality is that we do not ask enough of God in prayer. He is able to do more than we can dream about in even our wildest dreams. The best thing is that power is not removed from us, but it resides in us.

The snow made for a fun afternoon. We made a snow man in our front yard. But with the warm temperatures it did not even make it to dinner time.

No comments:

Subscribe to Pastor Phil's Mailing List
Email: