Saturday, September 13, 2008

Flood of 2008







I woke up this morning to the sound of rain and our sump pump running downstairs. No big deal. That is fairly common when we get a good steady rain. I let our dog Ellie outside. Took a peek around and didn't notice anything out of place.

But as I drove out of our subdivision I noticed some neighbors who were pumping water away from their house. Maybe we got a little more rain than I thought.

I drove a little further to the entrance of our subdivision to find out the road was closed because of standing water. I drove down to the second entrance to find out that it was closed as well. Now I knew we had a little more rain than I thought.

I could say that I have never seen anything like this in all the time I have lived here. But I have only lived here in Maple Park for a little over two years.

We hope the rain stops soon, but there is more in the forecast. There are several roads shut down in the area.

No comments:

Subscribe to Pastor Phil's Mailing List
Email: